Do you speak english?
I know, you do. At least some of you. And I think, you are more than I would think of.
Usually I’m writing here on german. Because it’s my mother tongue, most of my readers are german and it’s the language in which I can express myself and my work the best. But despite of this, there are many readers and followers of mworkz.net who speak and read english. Mostly they’re enjoying my work which fortunately doesn’t need many words. Others are interested in what I write.
So they’re translating my articles via google translate or something else for a better understanding. Well, all of us know, how good google translations really is… :)
So I thought: How to give the english-readers some unique content in their own language? On twitter and instagram I always write english. But on mworkz.net? Here, still most of my visitors are germans, so I want to continue to write on german. I thought about publishing in two languages: the same article on german and english at the same time. But I don’t like the cluttering and truly… I’ve got not enough time for that. :(
Then I came up to monthly reviews like this one.
I’m writing them for about two years or something for all of the ones who doesn’t want (or can’t) keep up to date every day and check this blog. If they want to have an overview over the past month on mworkz.net or want to check if they’ve missed something: they can take a look into articles like this one.
In summary: If I want to present some content on english, what would be better to do it like a monthly review? Readers can get an overview, a short description and I don’t have to change my daily articles.
The review on february – btw. some days too late – is the first one of this kind.
You’re already reading it.
I’m trying this as a test-balloon-thingy. Just to check if anyone out there needs, wants or appreciates this. There’s no guarantee, I’m doing this the next 20 years although no one cares. So give some feedback, if you like it or hate it and don’t forget: you can comment/ask/criticize under every article on english. I’ll do my best and answer to you. :)
For now: let’s see what’s happening on mworkz.net the last month:
- corroded: Since a long time again – a dark and mysterious portrait.
- In autumn we laugh again: what a lovely shot during a photo shoot with model svenja.
- wrong bite: Oh this is a cool one! Staged shot with svenja and some self-made-blood.
- midsummer dance: fresh and bright dancing with ekaterina.
- blue spots and saffron sky: a yellow and contrast-rich shooting with walquria.
- since I lost confidence: moody, dark and dreamy with svenja.
- meander: very cool and simple but strong shot with svenja. The folks on instagram liked this one a lot.
- surrounding: Ekaterina in festive black and white.
- GibA: Doppelbelichtungen: A selection of very good double exposures.
- GibA: Katie Andelman: She photographs kids on a very beauty-ish way.
- GibA: Rui Vega: Strong Fine-Art Street Photography in black and white.
- Mehr Social, mehr Media: A message by myself. On which social networks you can find me and what to get where.
- Hands on: Leica SL (Typ 601): The first mirrorless camera by Leica is … massive and powerful.
- Hands on: Zeiss Milvus 2/50M & Milvus 2/100M: Two Macro-specialists by Zeiss for DSLRs.
- Hands on: Phase One XF IQ3 100MP: The impressive medium format camera is … impressive. Especially it’s resolution: 100 Megapixels.
Videos of the week:
snapshots of this month: